Meet My Go-To Video Conference Service



Google is de facto king of the internet. They have everything on their platform and their project are endless. Throughout the years, many of their projects are either abandoned or died out completely. But not too little that survive and thrive. Meet the “Google Meet” (get it?), the online video conference that blew up after the pandemic hit and rightfully so. Everyone was seeking the easy way to create a conference room for masses.

Although google meet is not as popular as Zoom and not as advanced as Microsoft Teams, it wins my heart over its simplicity – it gets the job done. Both Zoom and Teams has handy features that G-meet lacks off, the most important being recording feature. Although, I can get around it with streaming it privately through YouTube so it will be saved in google’s cloud service. Again, most people just want to be in a meeting without too much hassle. Just go to meet.google.com and create a new meeting then share it with the members of your conference, done!

Speaking of hassle-free experience, opening invitation link is as easy as it gets. Just click on it! Both Zoom and Microsoft although don’t require dedicated application for desktop, the story is much different for the mobile experience. Google meet is BUILT-IN into the gmail app in mobile phone. Let’s get real here, who actually doesn’t have gmail app on their smartphone? I can think none, at least not the people I know. On the desktop, you just need a web-browser. The only downside here is that you cannot change your display name instantly mid-meeting. If you have a name for chuckles like “Marta Buck”, you better your name redone, Son!

Google meet the basic version is free. Although they have the version for enterprises, in my opinion, the basic is plenty. Let’s take a peek at zoom’s limited 40 minutes. If the world can agree on one thing, that thing must be that zoom meeting ends mid-discussion is super annoying. Now looking back to my experience using Google Meet, I have never use it and it ends mid-discussion. I have even had a session that lasted for three hours!

To wrap my essay up, this would be my summary. Google Meet is free, has long-lasting duration, and gets the job done. I hope this review is helpful, and stay relentless!




Scores:

  1. Relevance  (4) Very relevant for learning needs today, I think it will still be used for a long time
  2. Feedback (4) The interactions could be done via voice or chat box
  3. Thinking Skill (3) Although this is irrelevant to the topic, the score is fair in my opinion   
  4. Ease of Use (4) Like I said, as easy as it gets
  5. Engagement (4) This truly depends on the participants
  6. Sharing (4) Copy, paste, join. EZPZ
  7. Accessibility and Cost (4) Available for free for most platforms

Comments